Turntable for life

I know the question has been asked before but it’s worth asking again. Many change equipment frequently, but have you found your turntable for life?  One that you’ve had for years and still pleases you so much you are going to keep it forever? Price is irrelevant--it can be 300 Dollars or 30.000 Dollars 
fabsound
Kudos to those who's summited. I'm still searching but if I may ask. After years of the quest is it the music or the table? I'm on a steady diet of idlers past couple of years. Into 50s and 60s vinyl mostly classical and jazz.

My 'table is doing its job without fuss, so now its all about the music.
All about the music for me, now.  I might go for a higher end cartridge at some point, but I'd have to do speakers to make that worthwhile.  More cubic dollars than I'm comfortable with at the moment.

So, searching for new and used vinyl is back to the magic quest I'd enjoyed as a kid in SoCal.  Full circle, I guess;-)
My dream table for life is a Galibier Gavia
it’s been my life blood to a rich world of music
conveyed effortlessly
incredible table

to me it is all about the music

love music
tolerate equipment

but great equipment can take you there

i had a good table before
i took the step
i was definitely missing something

I have had my Gavia table since 2008
and it was immediate - the totally captivating sound

the speed is rock solid
no resonance from the platter
full bodied heft and resolution
(the mylar belt doesn’s behave elastically and slow down and speed up. Subtle thing until you hear it, but it will be readily apparent when a table truly handles this correctly

Thom Mackris is hands down one of the greats in customer relations and very personable beyond that. He not only is passionate about music and gear but also pushes it to the limit in Colrado mountain sports.

Thom has a new Eiger "rim drive" table in development
RMAF reviewers spent a night and drove up to his home north of Denver. Each person there was very overwhelmed by the table.

Thom drills each armboard personally with your tone arm and sells or has affiliations with a wide range of the best arms. He has an encyclopedic hands on knowledge and that is conveyed to someone looking for ideal synergy. Not just the analog source. He has been incredibly helpful with refining my system.

Thom is always trying out refinements. He had a new arm mount several years ago that tightened up the sound / synergy with the arm and he also developed new refined offset motor pod with corresponding power supply that takes that even farther as well. I was very pleased with these and they weren’t break the bank expense wise. this is great value as you are not having to replace a whole table

I have used a triplanar vii arm on my Gavia with a ZYX universe and it was wonderful.
then went to Durand Talea and all the magic of the table came through even more

the highest of recommendations

thank you Thom

galibierdesign.com

Perhaps a VPI Avenger w/Mag-Lev drive and three choice tonearms, one for a mono cart, one for a stereo cart, and one for demo. Canned Mandarin Orange Slices in Water as footers are a must as well...

happy listening! Kāixīn tīng