Why do people that are Into rap and hip-hop even want a high-end audio system

Until recently I always thought that guys into high-end audio listened to Classical, Jazz, Blues and some classic rock. I never knew that some listened to rap or hip hop. It would seem to me that rap or hip-hop would sound better on a low to mid-fi system rather than a high-end system. What do you think?
taters
Jond,

You claim African Americans mostly listen to this type of music. But Calvinj who has also started a couple of these rap threads says it's mostly suburban white kids that listen to this kind of music. 

Mr. Taters is on a roll with his seemingly innocuous, but essentially rhetorical questions. Is Mr. Taters obsessive, perhaps? Might he actually be a closet Rapper? Kinda like those preachers and politicians who fling fire and brimstone at whatever they purport to find abominable. And then they are found out.

But if so or not, to what end? Or does Mr. Taters have some peculiar agenda?

My questions are not meant to be rhetorical although some may find them to be so.
taters,
yes, African Americans listen to this type of music. But I think you'd be surprised at the number of young white males and females who listen to Rap and Hip Hop. And the white suburban kids most certainly have more money to spend on it.
@lowrider57 yup financially the surburban fan is the key.   They spend more on concert tickets fashion and media as a whole.  A lot of the rap entrepreneurs have figured that out and maximize this opportunity. Rap is in arenas now more than ever. It's more lucrative than ever because of the grandkids of the baby boomers who children moved out to suburbia to start their families. 12 to 25 year old Caucasian fan bases are the financial key to the recent success financially of the rap genre. Look on YouTube and see who is sitting at the front row of the concerts.  It's not the 13%of African American population.  About 5% of African Americans can't stand rap so it's not the 8% that's left that drives rap.   It's primarily Caucasian suburbia as well as rural America. 
jond, if someone suggests rap is not music (but rather some other performance art form) it's not necessarily a knock.  And even if someone finds it annoying or offensive it has nothing to do with their stance on race.  You're reading things into this that are not necessarily there.  In a real debate or a court of law what you're saying would fall flat.  If you simply want to inflame others who aren't paying attention to the facts then you are on the right track.