Newbie Q: speaker cable length? Different OK?

Hi. This is a complete newbie question. I've ordered two 10' amp to speaker cables, but I really need 15' on one side. Monoprice (for better or worse) is willing to RMA the cable(s). Should I go with two 15'? Or is simply swapping out one 10' perfectly acceptable for signal?
donzi
Thanks Al,

Among all things, that was most comforting to read of the Bill LeGall lead. That gives me a great option, and relieves my growing concern that I may have damaged what could be a vintage, difficult-to-fix set of speakers. We shall see if they are, once I get this finally plugged together. But at least I have options. The guy does indeed seem to be a treasure. (And in my old stomping grounds, no less.) 

Yes, who knows where they were getting their numbers. I just measured them, and each of the cables, red and black, are about 6mm -- including insulation. It was the outer cable that was about 16mm. --Actually, they'd written it accurately; I misread it.
Perhaps I will take them up on the option to return both and go with two 15's, in that there just might be a future upgrade day.
OK; thanks for the clarification.  So when they referred to the diameter of "individual conductors" in their description they were referring to the diameter of each conductor (+ and -) **including** its insulation.  And when they referred to the outer diameter they were referring to the diameter of the outer jacket which surrounds both conductors over most of the length of the cable.  Makes sense now.

Regards,
-- Al

A 12 gauge copper conductor has a diameter of approximately 2 mm, as can be seen in this wire gauge table.

My kind of chart! :)
Yes, Al, to me, too. I felt kind of silly when I figured it out. I still had the 7/17mm figure in my head, and I had the cables in my hand!