Silverline Speaker Opinion

Awhile back I traded for some original Silverline Menuets. It's the smallest speaker I've owned. 

After putting them in a bedroom system without a sub, I'm really enjoying them. I find myself reading and listening more opposed to watching TV in bed.

For those of you familiar with Silverline, is the Minuet similar to the rest of the Silverline lineup, or just special?

Also, what other speakers are a dead ringer for my tastes if I like the Minuet sound? I'd like to explore other options as I'm starting to understand my preferred sound. Maybe duplicate the experience in my main system. I currently use Usher floorstanders in a 15x18' room, and am happy - but curious.

I'd appreciate your opinions.

Thanks,
gary

uncledemp
I own the Bolero's and have listened to the Minuets, including stacked Minuets which I really liked, and the Sonata III. I thought the Sonata III was a bit over the top - they sounded much like a lot of other 'high end' speakers. They are all voiced differently. There really is no 'house' sound. They are all excellent speakers. I understand, but have not heard, that the Preludes are quite a bit like the Minuets. On a budget I would explore them. Also, on the used market I would want to consider the Sonata II or the Sonatina's. You rarely see them on the market but I would jump on a pair of the 17's with the SOTA Dynaudio tweeter if I saw them

FWIW.
Newbee,

Thanks for the info. I wondered if the Prelude and Prelude Plus would be more of the same. Not any dealers close, unfortunately. May have to plan a mini vacation/ audition. 

Of course I'll keep an eye out on here. I'm much more willing to take a chance on a bargain. Also, I can ask for a 30 day audition from a dealer if I see a preowned pair. I'll pay shipping but that's still cheaper than a trip with the redhead!

Thanks again,
gary
Uncledemp - While I can't speak to the Minuets and a Silverline house sound, I did want to jump in and say I recently took delivery of a pair of new Silverline Prelude Pluses.  They have less than 50 hours on them now so some time still remains on burning them in.  I can tell you I am enjoying them a lot.  For the price, they are a steal...at 2x $ they'd still be a steal, in my O-pinion.  Definitely worth making a trip to hear them if you have the time.  Good luck.