Sacramento, California

We have a variety of systems built around both planar and coil speakers. We are helpful, friendly, and informal. Please feel free to email me if interested.
muralman1
Does anyone in Sacramento have a preferrence between Rainbow Electronics or StereoAdvisor for repair of a McCormack DNA-1?

I lost the left channnel when moving the plugs around in my system and accidentally did something while the amp was plugged into the outlet. The fuses didn't blow, I checked all 4.

Many thanks to anyone who has opinions/experiences or another recommended repair place.

Tom in Sacramento
Was a club ever formed in the Sacramento area? I live in the SF Bay area and would have an interest in joining if one has formed. Please send me an email if a club exists. Thanks.
I also have an interest in joining a club in Sacramento. I've never belonged to such a club, so I don't know what kind of rites, hazings, or oaths are involved.

Seriously, perhaps we could start one TonyKay. I'd especially be interested in having a few people come over to my house with their pre-amps and we could listen to the differences of each.

Tom in Sacramento
Tom,

I live in Sacramento. There is a club--Sierra Nevada Audiophile Society. The website may not be up to date but here is the link. http://sierranevadaaudiophilesociety.com/

I also know a local technician who might be able to repair your McCormack. My friends and I all use him.

I cannot find a way to send you a private email with my contact information. If I could, I would hook you up with the Audiophile Society president and the technician. I do not want to post their (or my) information publically.
Thank you, Don. I rec'd your email yesterday and want you to know I'll contact you soon; hopefully today or Friday if I can get the time.

In the meantime, I rec'd an e-mail from Steve McCormack who normally doesn't do repair work. However, because I have a modded "Rev. A" version he wants to help me repair it. I really appreciate people like Steve who go the extra mile to ensure their customers are happy.