Sacramento, California

We have a variety of systems built around both planar and coil speakers. We are helpful, friendly, and informal. Please feel free to email me if interested.
muralman1
Deltatrippers: Was curious why you concluded that the Triton isn't powerful enough to drive the Revel Ultima Salon2 speakers. Have you actually heard the combo? The Salon2 specs are not that terrible (86dB, 6 ohms nomimal with 3.7 min), and the Triton is quite powerful for an all-tube amp, unless you need deafening playback levels.
Muralman1
I absolutely love the Salon 2's. Heard them at 'Music Lovers' in San Fran. Jesse Luna was a pleasure to do business with. Thing is, the Salon 2's are rated at 86.4 db into 6 ohms and the Verity Ovations are rated at 89db into 8 ohms. Having read a number of threads on both speakers here, it seems that the Salons need a lot more than the Triton can deliver. Also, threads here (although mixed opinions) seem to indicate that the Ovations will do fine with the Triton. Keep in mind I come from a background of Carver preamp, Denon amp, Altec Lansing 501's and the regular old Monster cable speaker wire kind of background. So I'm truly a newbie but learning.
I would be honored to check out your system. As soon as I can catch up from the holidays, and also make some progress in getting my mom moved here from LA, I'll drop you a line.
Ral
When I told Jesse at 'Music Lovers' in San Francisco, that I have the Triton, he said it wasn't powerful enough to drive the Salon 2's. He suggested bi-amping as an option and recommended a Musical Fidelity M6 PRX CRPS (260 Watts?) as a possible option to drive the woofers. But then stated it's a tricky proposition when bi-amping. After reading some threads on bi-amping, I'm reluctant as a newbie to try that option.
But you bring up a good point...hooking up my Triton to his Revels. If I remember right, he offered this option. Soon as I have time, I've got to put that on my 'to do' list. By the way, what do you mean by '3.7 min'?
Ral, I made that comment based on design and size. I hadn't seen the Salon's specifications. Perhaps Deltatrippers will find them perfectly suitable.
Deltatrippers, we moved in my Mother just last year. It is an adjustment. Things are going well here.

I did a set of murals at an Elk Grove Restaurant by the name of La Fuente. If I understand correctly, the front renovation of the strip mall may have caused their destruction.

Midtown Sacramento is but 20 minutes away from Elk Grove. I have something very special for you to listen to.