Are marantz power amps any good?

I want to step up to a power amp and was wondering g if the marantz power amps are worth it? I love the sound of their avr's , but the power amps seem low on specs , is there more too it than wattage ? Do they provide tons of current , and if so what makes a 300 watt per channel amp better than this one ?
nesto719

I agree with the above.

The 2 channel gear that Marantz makes at their reference factory in Japan is true Hifi and in another league vs. the mainstream HT stuff that Marantz makes in China.

The MA9s2 is one of their quality reference series components built in Japan and a very serious amp.

You better watch your  P's & Q's boys, we have a spell checker lurking in the rafters!
Are there lesser amps decent for stepping  up into seperates for the first time ?
Sure, but not from Marantz.  All their other power amps are HT amps that are made in China, fairly low powered and IMO, less than desirable for true HiFi.

Why do you need 300 wpc like the MA9s2's anyway?  What exactly are you trying to accomplish with your system?