Synergistic Red Fuse ...

I installed a SR RED Quantum fuse in my ARC REF-3 preamp a few days ago, replacing an older high end fuse. Uhh ... for a hundred bucks, this little baby is well worth the cost. There was an immediate improvement upon installation, but now that its broken in (yes, no kidding), its quite remarkable. A tightening of the focus, a more solid image, and most important of all for my tastes, a deeper appreciation for the organic sound of the instruments. Damn! ... cellos sound great! Much improved attack on pianos. More humanistic on vocals. Bowed bass goes down forever. Next move? .... I'm doing the entire system with these fuses. One at a time though just to gauge the improvement in each piece of equipment. The REF-75se comes next. I'll report the results as the progression takes place. Stay tuned ...

Any comments from anyone else who has tried these fuses?
128x128oregonpapa

Davidpritchard and others

I asked synergestic research where they would recommend I first start putting fuses in my equipment. The man replied in the amp and then the cd transport, at audio horizons he said the dac. I didn't ask them why. So I thought I could follow both of their advice without problem. And maybe in those spots they recommend their fuse it would be better there. Who knows?  That really didn't matter since I would probably change all for a small improvement.  

I found fuse direction was very noticeable in my VAC SigmMKIIa pre.  In wrong direction, sounds out of phase with no weight, bass, rounded ...  Compared notes with several VAC owners, same results and ultimately we confirmed with Kevin Hayes.    Now I ask manufacturer for correct direction so no need to experiment.

I don't find replacing stock with any after market fuse is an improvement to be true.   I don't want a fuse to change the character of my component but enhance it.  Once I had a fuse that elevated the mid so much prefer stock.

I prefer a neutral and linear sound so SR RED is 1st choice and then HiFi Tuning Supreme.     Since RED doesn't offer a 7A slo-blo for my ARC REF250, I'm SHOCKED how well Isoclean is working out for only $49.    It's very neutral and linear.
Knghifi,
That's a good observation and I agree  regarding the SR Red fuse effect based on my results. The sonic character wasn't altered in my system. It just seems the present good attributes  were simply improved. Clarity,  openess, dynamic ebb and flow, transparency and nuances further improved. I know that  this is a cliche but it is as though a veil is removed. That's the overall effect I perceive.
Charles,
Marqmike:
That was a nice description of the way a new RED fuse breaks in.
knghifi:
I also started at the amplifier when I started replacing fuses, but I have yet to not hear an improvement in a piece of equipment with a RED fuse.

And yes that includes Blue Ray players with replaceable fuses. Dialog becomes more articulate. I wish my Honda radio-CD player had standard fuses so I could replace them!
David Pritchard

Knghifi,
Try the AH in stead of the Isoclean, you will thank me for that.

David,
my son plays the violin, also all-state and the WA Quantum chip is still sitting there.

Generally, I have max. ONE fuse with the WA chip per device and have noticed no noticeable downside. As with a lot of tweaks, you can have too much of the same.

SR has a winner now with the SR Red fuse but many of us remember when their wizard of Oz each time promises a quantum leap (pun intended) and two months later you have the 2nd version, or a newer bullet. I am bit wary of their other tweaking gear because of their history and my experience and, for now, wait patiently to see if their three letter magic devices are here to stay.

Mind you that the deployment of a good bypass cap mostly improves the sound but that requires some soldering.