Recording Quality and Different Studios

Hi Everyone,

Are there any artists / studios that you gravitate to because of recording quality standards?  I hear alot of discussion on certain pressings for a particular artist (i.e. needle in a haystack), but I'm wondering if there is a label out there that focus on putting out good quality high fidelity vinyl.  I want to avoid some of the hipster pressings (i.e. only pressed on vinyl to jump on the train), and focus on better quality.  Thoughts?
128x128martinman
Buying vinyl is very hit and miss and can be very frustrating. Like you said there are a lot of hipster labels that put out trash. I have found the company Acoustic Sounds to put out very consistent high quality vinyl. You just have to make sure that they are the one's pressing the vinyl and it is coming from the original master tapes. I always call over there and discuss it with someone before I buy. I know it's more time consuming this way but you have a better chance of getting the better quality vinyl this way. 

Certain artists are known to care a great deal about the sound quality of their recordings. Ry Cooder, for example, works very hard at getting good tone out of his guitars and amps (and succeeding magnificently!), and did the first digital Pop album (Bop Till You Drop), but hated the sound of his guitar on that album. When he heard a Water Lily album, he was stunned, and has been on a few WL albums. Recorded sound quality is not reliably recording studio related, but more recording engineer related. One studio in which a fair number of good soundings albums have been recorded, however, is Ocean Way in Santa Monica, California.
Is acoustic sounds related to music direct at all?  They have the same holiday discount code...  just seems odd.  

I looked through ACs site - i'll be ordering next from them.  Really good stuff.  Thanks for the suggestions.  

@bdp24 - is there an easy way to look through an Ocean Way catalog?