What direction with new DAC?

I have a DAC2 from Wyred4sound that's a few years old but has given me good service. I want to upgrade and am thinking of buying the DSDSe upgrade for $1500. Reviews have been good. I have little interest in the DSD function but you never know where computer audio may go in the future. I am also, for a bit over $2K going interested in the Schiit Yggy, which also is getting good reviews on many forums.

What's out there in the $2K-$2.5K range in DACS that would be worth the move?
dmm53
Thanks. Actually looking at the Chord as well. Always near the to of everyone's lists.
Just an update. caught up in the holidays and haven't made a move yet. For a similar price to the Yggy is the Lampi Amber. Again, impossible to listen to. Anyone with experience listening to both or at least the Amber?

dmm53 The Schitt has a 15 day money back offer, so you can listen for a couple of weeks.

Cheers George

You would likely get a bigger improvement by improving your digital source to reduce jitter.. There are several ways to accomplish this, but your particular DAC has I2S, so a USBConverter like the Off-Ramp 5 that can drive this could be an option.. Also, replacing a computer or transport with a really good server like the Antipodes will make a further improvement.