Phoenix, AZ

The Arizona Audio Video Club began life as the Arizona Audiophile Society in 1985. The name was changed a few years back to more accurately reflect the varied interests of the members. The club meetings are held on the last Tuesday of the month, at various locations in the greater Phoenix area. We occasionally schedule special interest meetings, with topics such as music listening, equipment evaluations, tech workshops, etc. Members receive monthly newsletters, either as hard copies or by e-mail. Members also enjoy discounts on purchases at several of the local audio and HT specialty stores. For more information, check out our website at www.azaudioclub.com
wfr67
The Arizona Audio Video Club is having another Saturday meeting featuring a speaker company. This February 24th, Clayton Shaw of Emerald Physics will be demonstrating his Nemesis dipole speaker system.

The meeting will be at Trinity Lutheran Church, 9424 N. 7th Ave., Phoenix 85021 from 2 - 5pm. Guests are welcome. If you have questions, feel free to call Jeffrey Behr at 602/550-6135 or e-mail me at jeffreybehr(at)cox(dot)net.

Here are Robert Hartley's impressions of the system. http://www.avguide.com/news/2006/10/22/rocky-mountain-audio-fest-emerald-physics-dsp-based-loudspeaker/

http://www.audioasylum.com/forums/MUG/messages/106675.html
Further on our meeting this Saturday, 24 February. You're welcome to bring your own CDs. See you Satruday.
No more impressions of the Emerald Physics speakers. I've never heard the small ones, and it's been months since I've heard the large ones.
The Arizona Audio Video Club's July meeting will be at Jerry's Audio-Video, 600 E. Camelback Rd., Phoenix, Tuesday the 31st at 7PM. This will be our first meeting there in years and will be including home-theater equipment in two of three systems. Jerry, Mark, and Steve have arranged to have factory reps for several of their lines to talk to us and will also have some special snacks and refreshments. More importantly, for a week following, Jerry's is offering special prices for all attendees.

Guests are welcome, but you're warned--I'll ask you to introduce yourself if I don't recognize you. :-)

Pls come see us and Jerry's next week.