Your "eureka" analog moment

In the beginning I had a succession of crappy cartridges. Back in the day (1970's) you could buy a turntable and they would "throw in a cartridge " for next to nothing. 

Had ADC, Empires, Stantons, etc. Nothing above $30. Decided to invest big bucks - $65- for a Shure V15 Type 3. Oh my- my records never were so good after that! That was my moment, and then when a friend loaned me Discovered Again (Lab 5 on Sheffield) I was amazed.

Too bad I no longer have the V15 type 3. Over 20 years ago, missing a stylus, I sold it to someone for I think about $30. 
128x128zavato
Zavato,  When in the Navy on Okinawa in 1970, I put together my 1st component system, as did many of my associates. These associates were buying turntables with the supplied cartridge.  I purchased a Dual 1219 and mounted the Sure V15 type 2 which was the best cartridge I could obtain at the time. Several of  my associates, after hearing my system would comment on how good my system sounded, often asking about the speakers. Found myself explaining that both transducers, the cartridge and speaker, were important to sound quality and most important to the characteristic of the sound.
My eureka moment was my 1st experience listening to a high end system (1969): AR XA TT, Dynaco Pas 3 Pre and ST70 amp, AR 3a speakers.

Post removed