XLR-RCA adapter

Hi
Anyone experienced any sonic superiority for the Cardas $100 adapters over the cheapo pairs ?
thanks in advance.
icorem
BTW, if by any chance you would be adapting to the inputs of an Audio Research balanced power amp that provides only XLR inputs, be aware that many of those amps are a bit unusual in that they will not work properly if the XLR inputs are provided with single-ended signals, which is what an adapter or adapter cable will do.

Regards,
-- Al
Al

I'm not sure I understood your answer so I will try to be more specific.
I have a rather (4m) long run XLR IC between my pre and the amp.
The manufacturer (Audionet) recommends using the RCA path over the XLR  so i'm trying to "convert" my XLR cable on both sides to RCA and if it indeed works better I might buy a RCA IC. I don't want to invest in a 4m cable before I try with adapters.
OK; thanks for the clarification.  So you would not be adapting between the RCA output of a component and the XLR input of another component, or vice versa.  You just want to adapt both ends of an XLR cable so that the cable can mate with the RCA connectors on both components.

Since you would be doing this just for experimental purposes, before possibly investing in a pair of long RCA cables, IMO there is no reason to go with the expensive Cardas adapters.  Their main benefit in comparison with a Neutrik or other inexpensive but reasonably well made adapter, as I alluded to earlier, would IMO be the gold plating the Cardas adapters (or at least some of them) appear to provide on their contact surfaces.  And the main benefit of that would be resistance to oxidation and corrosion over time, which is not a factor for your purposes.

IMO.  Regards,
-- Al

Thanks Al
i will try first some cheapo adapters and see if indeed the rig works better in RCA.