Washington DC

I'd love to get together with those of you who live in the Washington Metro area. I'm in Bethesda, MD, myself, and I could take the Metro to hang out with all of you because I sold my car to afford more audio gear. Hope to hear from anyone in my neck of the woods.

--Brian
thedautch
After too long of a break, the next DC Audio Society meeting will be held on 10/17 at Command Performance AV in Falls Church, VA. The topic for the meeting will be DACs for PC audio. I will have additional details next week.

-- Jeff
Join us at the October meeting of the Metro DC Audiophile Society.

The next meeting is happening on Saturday, October 17, at 2 pm at Jeff Fox’s house in Falls Church, VA:
7105 Marbury Court
Falls Church, VA 22046
703-532-7239
[email protected]

As always, these meetings are open to current members, new members, and anyone who is interested in listening to and learning about great audio equipment.

The topic for the meeting will be low-cost USB DACs. The following DACs will be demonstrated at the meeting:

HRT MusicStreamer+
DevilSound V2.1 (new cryo version)
Music Hall dac25.2

Feel free to bring a laptop if you want to hear some of your own tracks.

We anticipate this to be the first of a two-part set of meetings focusing on computer-based audio. The second meeting (date TBD) will look at higher-end offerings such as the Berkeley Audio Design Alpha DAC.

Chips and water/soft drinks will be provided, but you are welcome to bring other snacks / drinks to share.

Be sure to visit our new website for updated information and directions: www.metrodcaudiosociety.blogspot.com.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email us at [email protected].
I just found out that Paul Stubblebine from the Tape Project will be in the area and visiting United Home Audio this Saturday, Dec. 5th. I think he will be there around noon if anyone is interested.
December Meeting of the Metro DC Audio Society

The next Metro-DC Audio Society meeting will be on Saturday, January 30th in Falls Church, VA. The time is TBD at this point, so please check the Society’s Website (http://metrodcaudiosociety.blogspot.com/) for an update. The meeting will be at Jeff Fox’s house at 7105 Maybury Court, Falls Church, VA 22046.

For the January meeting, our host will be Zu Audio (www.zuaudio.com). This promises to be a fun day of music listening to the Essence loudspeaker. This speaker has received a lot of great press and should be interesting to listen to. Ron, from Zu, hopes to provide a sneak peak/listen to some other Zu goodies in the works. Who knows…this meeting may be a premiere from something new and exciting from the folks at Zu.

Zu’s preferred format is to have an extended “open house” on the 30th during which we will swap out solid state and tube gear to really get a feel for the Essence speakers. Also, there will also be a more “formal” regular club type meeting. Again, stayed tuned for an update on times.

Finally, we were thinking about catching a live show at a local club on the 29th or 30th if people are interested. Because the Zu “sound” is all about a live performance, this could be the ultimate A-B test. Again, stay-tuned.

Please contact either Jeff ([email protected]) or Ron ([email protected]) to reserve a space.