Cincinnati, OH, any audiophiles?

Any Cincinnati, OH -based audiophiles on this forum? I have found only one truly high end dealer here, and they are leaning more and more towards high end home theater so they tend to be quite busye, and no longer set up truly "reference" systems one can listen to for calibration. Would love to get into touch with other fellow maniacs in the area Hard to know what else you "need" unless you can hear it and covet it in someone else's set up!
128x128alexc
Wow! It's amazing to see this thread alive after all this time. What is really funny is that I moved away from Cinti in 2002..all the way to Caracas, Venezuela!

Returned to the city in July 2005, but my system was in storage for close to a year while I built a house. We moved into the new house May 2006, and the system is now assembled again (though not yet fully fine tuned). I did meet several audiophiles in the area (including Slowhand and Flethcj)back in 2000, and we still have a small "club" (3-5 people overall) of sorts, going over to each other's houses about once a month to listen.

I actually designed my new house AROUND the listening room, with the best dimensions I could get to using the RPG Room Sizer program, double drywall ceiling and walls, dedicated circuits (3 20 amp lines), and extensive acoustic treatments from Echo Busters. My system has evolved quite a bit since 2000...Front ends are a Basis Debut vacuum with Vector arm and Benz LP cartridge, into a Pass Labs Xono phono pre..and a Muse Model 9 Signature DVD/CD player used as a transport. Preamp is a Tact 2.2X with a few MauiMods mods (more planned at the end of September). Amps are a pair of CJ Premier 8 XS (triode), and a pair of Marantz 200 watt monoblocks to drive the subwoofers. Speakers are now the Kharma 3.2 FE monitors, and a pair of Tact W210 sub-woofers. Still fine tuning the positioning and Tact correction curves/eq...but the sound is pretty decent.

Anyway, still up for a more extended "club". I volunteer to pull together an email distribution list if you email me at [email protected]
i still get a twinge for skyline....we have a recipe thats pretty close, but those tiny hot dogs can't be beat....and dinners at the montgomery inn.
Jaybo, where do you live now? Skyline Chili is available in the canned chili section at a lot of regional grocery stores. If you can't get it where you live, let me know. I'll send you a few.

Enjoy,

TIC
arizona. chili is a whole different deal here of course....i will check again, but haven't seen skyline in the stores.
Liberty Township, just north of Cincinnati, is my home. Maggies is my love!! Would love to get a group going!!

Email me if interested!!