Why do almost all women today hate home audio?

Why do almost all (99%) of women never seriously, sit, and listen to home audio through even one album?

I knew many, many women that listened, and had there own stereos, in the late 60's and 70's.

They even had big record collections, and some even had real-to-real tape recorders.

Why did they disappear?

What changed?

don_c55
Be thankful, at least if you get some peace and quiet to listen once in a while.  I once had a gf who suggested that we play golf together.   She seemed to miss the point that we all do some things to get away.  You want to go shopping for shoes with a woman? 
Women love and want attention from their guy. They don't like it when we (myself and friends) are in our space listening. But they know they can't compete with this phenomena. This IMO make audio systems a type of kryptonite to them from early on. They accept it because they can keep tabs on us. just an observation.

geoffkait
It is well known that women's hearing is far better than men's so it's simply a case of when they listen to the man's system she can hear just how bad it sounds.

Who hears better ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZHWY1KBHwc

You obviously must hang out with much younger women geoffkait.   Damn I am envious. getting a lot of mileage out of that youtube :^)

For the poster/s that have wives/women that love music and listen with them. That's great and good for you but not sure I could handle it. My first panic room was built as stress relief from my work job and the job of helping my wife raise fraternal twins. Imagine dealing with crying in stereo. My wife comes down and will sit with me but she can't stop talking. Can be irritating when one of my audio GF's are trying to sing to me.