Audio Research Reference 150 severe distortion

My Reference 150 is emitting severe distortion in both channels. I checked the bias of the K120 tubes and one tube in both channels is reading as low as 20, rather the the standard 65 range.

Does anyone know of a possible fix that will not involve me shipping the amp back to Audio Research?

Both bad tubes are less than 3 months old.

I gotta play my Liberace Christmas music!
128x128shaq
shaq,

The fact that both channels exhibit the same symptom, at least that is what I understand from your message, points to a power supply issue.  It may not be so serious as it seems.  I would suggest looking for an experienced servicer in driving distance if at all possible.  

And no question, Audio Research has produced some of the most significant benchmarks in tube amplifiers for more than 40 years.  I have owned and worked on more than a few, and they definitely among my favorites.  

is VT100 recent ref series?
My imagination about Ferrari service compares to shipping 100lb or heavier unit back-fourth. Recent posts about problems shouldn't even be on the first place on $10k+ equipment makes me believe so. I believe that for the money spent on Ferrari all future services and repairs should be FREE for lifetime. Same with AudioResearch ref series.

I recently purchased a McIntosh MC275 Mark VI tube amplifier from my favorite shop in NYC. Not exactly their equipment pinnacle in terms of power,  but easily one of their hallmark/benchmark products which greatly contributes and perpetuates their quality reputation.  
2-3 weeks into ownership - whammo!  A blown tube.  Not McIntosh's fault by any means and I never considered it so.  I've owned other tube equipment before this,  other McIntosh equipment before this,  experiencing no problems of any sort. 
My experience with their customer service was woefully inadequate considering that I had only weeks before purchased the new MAC6700 Receiver from the same shop.  
But not only for that reason,  for any reason for someone who purchases equipment of such highly regarded reputations. 
In brief their communication was terse when they replied,  then non existent.  They still have not replied to 2 emails regarding the situation. I don't expect them to, either. 
Were it not for the owner of the shop stepping in between us, the problem,  a very simple problem,  would still be unresolved.  
I've spoken directly with people at Audio Research, Rogue Audio,  Pass Labs,  Thiel,  and Magnepan about products I bought on the pre-owned market and they treated me like I helped build the stuff.  Perhaps the customer service people at MC Labs were having a bad day the same day I was having mine. 
Should we experience issues with equipment costing $10k or better in the first couple of years?  I think not.  And I think the shipping back and forth ought to be borne 100% by the manufacturer if the issue was production oriented and not user-induced.  

Obigny,

That is why I will only deal with manufacturers that have local service centers. If the equipment can't be serviced locally I don't want it. Luckily I live in Southern California which has a lot of authorized service centers. If I lived in the middle of nowhere I would not own this type of equipment. 
Czarivey,

If Ferrari gave a lifetime of service and repair for free they would be out of business. They say the expensive thing about owning a Ferrari is keeping it running. Plus the fact they don't make many cars per year. Most of the money generated at the Ferrari dealer is from the service department.