Audio Research Reference 150 severe distortion

My Reference 150 is emitting severe distortion in both channels. I checked the bias of the K120 tubes and one tube in both channels is reading as low as 20, rather the the standard 65 range.

Does anyone know of a possible fix that will not involve me shipping the amp back to Audio Research?

Both bad tubes are less than 3 months old.

I gotta play my Liberace Christmas music!
128x128shaq
Shaq ...could be bad tubes; could be blown bias resisters. Switch "good" tubes into the sockets that read 20 mV. If the bias stays at 20 mV, that's a good sign there's a blown bias resister. If the bias can be adjusted to 65 mV and the problem moves with the tube, it's the tube.

I find it odd that both channels present the same problem. Try the diagnostic technique I suggested and report back. Do you have any spare KT-120s. If so, you might need them.

Hopefully, the problem is just a bad tube or blown bias resister. If a blown bias resister, I would ask Kal (ARC service rep) if there's an authorized repair center near you. I would avoid shipping the amp for a simple bias resister repair if at all possible.

Rather than me whining on, try what I suggested and report back.
It looks like AudioReseach Ref series are similar to Ferrari that have great performance but for the price of poor reliability.

"It looks like AudioReseach Ref series are similar to Ferrari that have great performance but for the price of poor reliability."

I don't know much about Ferraris, although I think many of them look sharp. But I can  tell you that ARC products are very, very reliable. Yes, they require periodic tube replacement. But the gear is very reliable and very serviceable.
"It looks like AudioReseach Ref series are similar to Ferrari that have great performance but for the price of poor reliability.

Czarivey ... strongly disagree.  I am waiting for Sha to respond to my post.