Cleaning records. How often really?

Suppose, they have just been machine-cleaned and are played maybe two times a month in a regular environment.
Also treated with Last record preservative and kept in sealed outer sleeves.
Once a year or so?
Just don't tell me before each play, yeah, I heard of this insane approach.
inna
Not sure if there's any science to support this idea but one of the only reasons I can think of to use a RCM every time is that, in theory, when you spin an lp, micro particles of plastic break off some micro peak and could then, if not removed, wind up getting lodged in some other sideways valley that make up the groves of the album. If you wash regularly, even every time if you're so inclined, you would probably remove those little pieces of debris.

I suppose if you're listening to the same lp over and over again (who's crazy?) washing it again and again may get ridiculous, but maybe you might want to get a couple of other records and musically change things up a bit.

Don't know if there's any damage done to an lp by washing too often but it seems at worse you waste a couple of minutes and some washing fluid but have a super clean lp.

Call me crazy, but you may not even have to worry about being called insane :)
Hello Ct0517

Re the Premier products: it looks like Soundstage, MusicDirect, and Acoustic Sounds all list the item as discontinued? All I know is it's still available from All-Spec, and when I took the time to look closely at fine print on both products, they use the same bar code and list the same manufacturer and part no.

As for the Panasonic record brush -- looks very cool! But it won't remove static from a record because it's not grounded -- and so there's nowhere for the static charge to go. The only NON-GROUNDED device that is effective is the Zero-stat (or other gun) and they work by NEUTRALIZING the (negative) static charge with a positive ion discharge. I have one of those too (the Ortofon version) and it works alright, but it doesn't discharge the static like a grounded carbon-fiber brush.
thank you all for helping me decide i will never use a tt. long live sacds and xrcds
As for the Panasonic record brush -- looks very cool! But it won't remove static from a record because it's not grounded

Hi Nsgarch
What a cool gift from an audio buddy - don't you think ?
I don't have a static problem, so as long as it picks up the lint and does not make any static - I'm ok with that.

I may call All-Spec out of curiosity to see is there is a wetting agent in there.
Just curious because I use one in the formula I make up.
btw - I remember our phone call - four years ago ?

11-29-15: Veroman
thank you all for helping me decide i will never use a tt. long live sacds and xrcds

Do you live in S. California ? 8^0
Glad we can be of help. If you change your mind let me know. I have a Technics sl-1200 that I can lend you .....
Ct0517:
I'd be very interested to hear if All-Spec will confirm that the former Premier record cleaner contains the exact same ingredients as the Electrical Contact Cleaner.