wyred 500st mk11 and rel sub r528

Have been trying to get an answer on how to connect the speakeron to my amp and what is safe. The Rel support said to use the Red to left + and Yellow to right + speaker on the amp and don't connect the Black wire, instead use the 1.lfe cable from the sub to my Oppo 105 as the ground. Wyred support said that you could only use the standard low level input which kind of defeats the hole purpose I had in getting the Rel. Has anyone else had this problem.
mikemerola
I moved the black wire to the chassis ground on the Avvik U300 and heard no difference. I'll leave it there since connecting to the speaker binding post may cause a problem
Al - My Bad. I heard no difference because the tracks I played at the time had no extended lows in the music. After playing around with some tracks known with deep lows I found the Rel B3 wasn't doing anything. So in MY case I returned the black wire to the speaker output post. Here is a link to the U300 specs. Not sure what the virtual ground is.
http://www.aavik-acoustics.com/u-300.html
Hi George,

I see nothing in the description of the U-300 indicating that it has balanced or bridged outputs, although there are some references to input circuits being balanced. And my understanding is that the issues you referred to in your initial post regarding class D designs (not having balanced or bridged outputs) just involve certain (perhaps just older) ICEPower modules which by design have very large DC offsets (tens of volts) on both the + and - output terminals.

I couldn't find a manual for the U-300, but usually the manual for an amp having balanced or bridged outputs will include statements cautioning against grounding the negative output terminals.

Also, after looking at the manual and the schematic for the Bryston B100 you referred to earlier, it appears to me that while a lot of the circuitry is differential the outputs are not.

Best regards,
-- Al