TECHNICS SP10 MK3 POWER SOURCE / SPEED CONTROLLER

Speed Controller for Technics Mk3 lost in shipment, so I need a replacement.

Anyone out there know someone who has one?

Happy to reward a successful referral.

What should one of these cost these days?

Thanks very much in advance for any help you can provide.

Best,
128x128cdk84
11-22-15: Lewm
That's lovely, for someone with a Mk2 or 2A. I am loving my Mk3, however, now with Krebs modification. Was listening to it all day today. Incidentally, if the OP is still alive and still cares, it is not out of the question that Richard Krebs might know who or how to build a Mk3 supply complete with servo circuits.

Lewm,
The OP would be advised to contact Bill Thalman. Richardkrebs has used Bill Thalman to repair his own power supply on occasions.
Lew
Glad that you are enjoying my upgrade.

Re a controller for the SP10 MK3
The motor unit has all of the infrastructure in place. Commutation and speed sensors.
There are a number of quality industrial PMSM controllers that could likely work well. They are expensive and can be a time consuming pig to program. Thus one would need deep pockets indeed to go down this road.
I know Cdk84 and he lives just down the street. I will inform him of the recent activity in this thread. I know he has two SP10 Mk3s. I helped him mount his SME V-12 arm and Air Tight Supreme cartridge last weekend and he was ordering the correct bolts to mount the turntable to the custom plinth.

He hopes to have at least one of the tables up and running by this weekend.
Well, everyone, Thanks so much for your input on the speed controller.

I love the amount of experience that is shared here. Almost all of us have benefitted from that at some point.

Albert Porter was the first person I approached about this, Bill Thallman was the second.

As soon as I found my first MkIII, I found a speed controller on ebay, and bought it. The seller, in Switzerland, sent me the wrong package and the speed controller went Heaven knows where. I tried to get back my money but the seller was either disorganized, dishonest, or both. Either way I have two MkIII tables with no speed controller!

Since the first unit, I haven't found another speed controller. People have made any number of suggestions for people who might have one, but I've not made any effective connections, and some people in the industry who are well thought of have not even returned my (numerous) calls. Frustrating.

That said, I am open to trading a SP10 MkIII base in good condition as partial payment toward a speed controller, operative or not.

Hope to hear from someone with a solid lead.

I didn't follow up with this because I've had family priorities. The comments about my still being alive aren't in particularly good taste. While I understand being light and I try to have a good sense of humor, my wife died in June. The speed controller dropped in priority, as I'm sure you understand.
Cdk84,

I'm considering picking up a SP10MK3 with a power supply, maybe I can figure out how to make new ones, when I do ill let you know.

Good Listening

Peter