Audio Research Reference 5 SE Preamps For Sale?

Why are there so many ARC Ref 5 SE preamps for sale lately? Is there something that I don't know? I have been very impressed with this preamp in the past and have always kept an eye out for a good used one. There were 5 of them on Gon at one time not too long ago! Is there a particular reason why people are unloading them at this time? Thank you
128x128keithmundy
11-11-15: Dweller
"Anyone know the asking price for a Ref-6?"

$14,000 is the price I have heard.
Thanks you guys for the responses. I have a buddy with a Ref 5 SE and I was amazed by the soundstage that, that sucker threw! I hated to ask the questions because I have seen those types of questions before - "why are there so many ______ for sale" but I was truly amazed by the number of Ref 5's on Gon and thought that there might be something going on that I did not know about. I know that they have the new G series out, but I'm not up to speed on that series. Thank you all for the responses.
I purchased one a few weeks ago brand new from a dealer for under 10k easily. I am almost at 200 hours of tube usage now. Before that plateau it sounded good but a bit flat in it's ability to reveal those holographic images. This preamp is just what I needed to complete my system! Keithmundy is correct, it has a huge sound stage. I am finally starting to hear the separation and three dimensional depth on recordings now. Midrange and highs are so sweet. Bass is solid and more than enough to satisfy my ears.