50k people attend concert with no live music

I know it sounds unbelievable but it's true. I saw it on T.V. Tonight. It was on CNN and hosted by Lisa Ling. It was called electronic Woodstock. It was on the original grounds of the Woodstock concert. It was a 3 day concert of all pre-recorded music played by disc jockeys. She said that 50k people attended the event.

I always thought you attended a concert for the live music. I guess not anymore.
taters
They're called Music Festivals in Europe and thousands attend every weekend. The DJs are the entertainment, and of course, the Ecstasy (or whatever it's now called).

Remember "Raves" in the 80s and 90s?

Now there are dance clubs where the kids all listen to their ipods...that's the weirdest concept of all.
In other related news, Ozzie Ozborne will apologize for peeing on the Alamo in 1982. This is true! Its about time!
Thank god I grew up in the 70's. I saw so many great concerts and the best bands that inhabited the planet. At the time I really didn't appreciate it. Now I look back and those are the best memories of my entire life. When these kids get my age they will be thinking about all the great shows they saw listening to pre-recorded music.
"Now there are dance clubs where the kids all listen to their ipods...that's the weirdest concept of all."

Lowrider...are they at least all listening to a common source? i.e., the same music at the same time??