Best SACD: Modwright OPPO vs Esoteric X03 series?

There seem to be about 5 of each available on Audiogon right now for about $3k +/- $300. I can maybe stretch my budget and lay my hands on cash in few days. In the mean time, I need to decide which type is likely to sound better. I am running a hodge-podge system made from a few 'over achievers' and a lot of attention to detail. Amps are 600w D-Sonic and the preamp is a W4S STP buffered passive. Speakers are 6.1 Genesis and most of my cabling is from Kaplan or his new Waevform Fidelity. I have no chance to audition either model as the Milwaukee area is kind of an audiophile dessert, and would appreciate hearing from anyone who has.
mcbuddah
Taters, not necessarily. Many an established high end audio company which have either changed hands or closed shop no longer support legacy products. For example, Infinity Systems no longer provide any technical support or parts for legacy speakers after the Harmon takeover. They even removed specs off their site. And there is a long bucket list of established high end audio companies which have closed the doors. Going with an established high end brand like Boulder, Vitus or Magico is certainly a safer bet that a business based around modding gear, though as with Infinity Systems, there are no guarantees.
IMO buying a product just because you spoke with or can speak with the owner of the company is foolish at best .I agree with Melbguy..A company based on modding another companys product has no validity to me as an innovator and not taken seriously...but the bottom line is what sounds the best and Esoteric blows that modded Oppo a out of the water IMO
http://www.hifiwigwam.com/showthread.php?125842-ESOTERIC-K-01-6-months-old-Warranty.
Melbguy1...I am sure its a great player (Vitus SCD) enjoy... I also understand that the Esoteric upper players our top shelf....all I was trying 2 say is there are a lot of great sounding players that cost less... I am not like some people like a little kid n have 2 say mine is the best lol...I am not looking for the BEST OUT THERE....I am looking for a really good sounding player 2 enjoy....I know my Modwright oppo will fill that bill....I also have a Marantz Reference SA/-KI Pearl SA/CD Player...Which I bought because they only made 500 players with the Pearl-Integrated...I have not used much at all...have 2 unbox n see how it sounds....I had another Marantz Reference I was using....I do not listen that anymore but I do love the hobby.

I have been thinking about getting a Rega player...one of there Top two...besides the ss player they now have a tube Player...ss is $10,000.---Tube Player a little more..Enjoy ur Vitus SCD Player....I am sure you need not look anymore.