clearaudio turntables vs vpi

I am getting to the point where it is time to upgrade. I currently have a VPI scout. Should I stay with VPI or move on to others such as clearaudio. The performance and ovation have garnered my interest. I have had some people tell me that they are very synergistic with Benz micro. I have a ref s and glider cartridges. I have had some tell me that I still have not really "heard"my catridges as of yet. Looking for your thoughts on a final table between 3000 and 7000 as this what I can afford
tzh21y
Thanks for the insight. I talked to Harry about the performance upgrade to the Superscout with the mag drive...he said it was a huge difference. Personally I couldn't see how it could make such a difference since the mag drive would eliminate vertical instabilities/resonances..and my table sits on the concrete slab of the house on very heavy points...I suspect an improvement, but not to the tune of 6000 dollars. (just a personal comment).
I am not using a rumble filter. Just seemed like a lot of rumble for a 100k+ system
I replaced my Rega P9/Lyra Delos (a very respectable table) with a VPI Aries 3x3/Ortofon Cadenza Black and I was just overwhelmed by the increase in audio nirvana. My first VPI experience and it is very positive.
I agree Stringreen. I would expect an improvement with the magnetic drive on my SSM, but wonder about a huge difference. I read on a post on the VPI site from HW himself that the mag drive will cost closer to around $2,000, not the $6,000 cost which had been erroneously reported earlier. For that amount I may try it when it comes out for the SSM, but I wouldn't go for $6,000.
Thanks Hiendmuse....I agree...a 2000 dollar experiment would be reasonable for me too.