Does anyone else think this

I was going through the current edition of the absolute sound. They featured the best products for the year. A lot of those products are big speakers and amplifiers. I was thinking in about 20 years when most of the baby boomers are retiring or passing on that these products will wind up in landfills or be boat anchors. The generation behind us has no interest in speakers as big as a house or giant amps that take up floor space. They see these as a complete waste of space and disgusting. The few times younger people have seen my system they always comment " why do you have all that stuff, and what does it do"
taters
I heard that Germans and Japanese are the craziest audiophiles. Did I hear right?
Okay, don't shoot the messenger. Anyone interested in facing the fact that the catalyst or driving force in the development of the technology has come to fruition? In fact it's way past it's due date. I'm being as gentle as I can here...been there, done that. If American Idol was premiering in 1968, who and what would they be showcasing?

It's over, folks.
Oregonpapa,

I agree that audiophiles are far from normal. As far as woman being normal I guess you haven't met many psychos.
They used to call it the "generation gap." Life simply moves much faster today than during the golden age of hi-fi. If you have children, you understand what I mean. The younger generation has had to make choices on balance in their lives and there isn't time for sitting in the sweet-spot, admiring the sound quality of their audio system. Music has been relegated to ipods and downloads while surfing the web. Don't hold it against them! Personally, I'm spending a lot more time listening to my Stax 009s than my main system, due to time constraints. The best proof that this phenomenon is not unique to me is the rise in popularity of headphones.
10-23-15: Dpatterson
Who cares? I bought my system for me to please me. I couldn't care less what anyone else thinks or if young people care about high end.

I'm with Dpatterson.