Top Ten Tuners of all Time??

To start this thread I vote for the Yamaha T 1. At its price performance,little to touch it period. Whats your vote?
ferrari
It depends on the RF situation, For DXing the Yamaha T-85 or
T-80 as well as the Onkyo 9090 series 2 are up to the task.
For audio quality when a clean, un-compressed signal is available (A good rooftop is required as well). The Mac 77
0r 78, as well as the sansui TU-9900 come to mind.
O-rod
Not only is a decent FM rooftop antenna required, But should
be viewed as the other half of the equasion whenever one
discusses Top Ten Tuners. O-rod
Some mentioned the German "Ballempfaenger," for instance made by Rhode and Schwarz in the 70s. I wonder what the modern equivalent is? FM radio is still alive, and relay receivers might still be needed. Considering the high audio quality of German FM broadcasting, what is used now and what could, in principle, be purchased for home usage?

Thanks, Robert
The Sansui 919 is everything they say it is on the tuner site mentioned above. Mine is not yet modified..but will be someday in the not too distant future.....it is amazing how something this old,,,can sound this good.
The Mcintosh MR-80 is commonly mistaken as a digital tuner because of its digital readout. It is in fact an analog tuner. The MR-80 has a wonderfull full sound with great stereo separation. It has the classic McIntosh sexy look and cost $2500 when new in 1980-1985. To build this tuner now would cost an exorbitant amout of money. And McIntosh still provides full service on this tuner.