Top Ten Speakers of All Time?

Well its time for a new Top Ten Thread. WOW-Have I learned a lot.Thanks to all Audiogon members.Have had several e mail thanking the Top Ten Threads. We have a lot of new members just starting their High End adventure. Info was much appreciated. I will start the thread for the Acoustat 2+2 and Model 2 of which I still own and continue to enjoy. So lets have your top ten members. --- MANY THANKS ---
ferrari
Klipschorns, one of the original speaker designs and still one of the best for the money. Some people do not like the horn sound but i love my klipschorns.
It's very hard to list a top ten speaker of all time. Too many price points, sizes, personal tastes and etc...

But from a dollar to dollar perspective my pick is clearly the Dunlavy SC-IV signature series. Nothing I mean nothing can touch these speakers "overall performance for the money". I have owned speakers in the price range from $2000 - $90,000 retail and the Dunlavy SC-IV signature series speakers impress me the most.

Only drawback is they are big and not th easiest to setup. But once you give these classic speakers the right amount of space and excellent electronics & cables they deserve to have. Wow ! You will hear what I mean.

Another drawback is you can only find the Dunlavy SC-IV signature series speakers preowned since they are no longer in business. The only reason why Dunlavy is no longer in business is because Mr. John Dunlavy became very ill and retired there after.

I am a critic of Stereophile at most times. But back in 1994-1995 calling the Dunlavy SC-IV's product of the year was rightly so accurate. The signature series are even better sounding than the orignals. And forget the Dunlavy SC-IVa speakers. Dunlavy became ill and rushed for an upgrade in actuality cheapened a few things which took away the magic from the Dunlavy SC-IV signature series.

There are a number of worthwhile additional speakers to mention on there greatness but the Dunlavy's stand out in my mind.
Duntech Soverign is one of the greatest. They are easy to set up if you have the space. Very efficient, as close to reality as any speaker ever made. I had the crossovers updated by the factory in Australia last year, now they are state of the art. But they are big and heavy. They will reflect the quality of the upstream components, and are not forgiving. I use a 100 watt ARC VT100 with them which is a great match.
Also add a pair of Mordaunt Short System 442 speakers to this list. Untouchable at the price point.

You rarely ever see any for sale. Don't think I've seen a pair on Audiogon ever and I've been with Audiogon since the beginning.