Wacky Question about cartridges

After 20 years without Analog Playback - I'm buying a turntable. My last was an Oracle mkII or III. Can't remember what cartridge though.

I've looked for some reviews/lists of 'hot' cartridges in 1993-1995 and am coming-up empty-handed.

I know that I had a Sumiko Blue point at one point but I also had something else - an MC - that was really an item at that time. I liked the Sumiko but the other one was brilliant.
Ortofon? Dynavector? It wasn't a Koetsu, Goldmund or Grado. It cost +-$750

The reason I'm asking is to help me choose my first cartridge in 'my new era'. Anyone old enough to remember 1994? :-) Thanks in advance.
128x128lemmycaution
I wasn't commenting on his particular choice of TTs. I've never owned a VPI and I have nothing against them, as I know some people do. Those arms are often love it or hate it with many. I was commenting on Lemmy's "mantra" statement. I wouldn't mount a Lyra Atlas in a Music Hall MM5.
How will knowing what you bought in 1995 help you to choose a cartridge here in 2015? I don't get it. FWIW, Monster Alpha Genesis was probably made by some other company for Monster, since they were never per se cartridge makers. If you want to duplicate that sound, you might do well to do a search on the origin of that cartridge; possibly the actual maker is still out there. OR, you can try to pick one up in the used vintage market.
BTW- Lemmy, if you're that interested in reliving the past, which is totally cool, why not just get another Oracle? They're still made and they are very nice. I'm not going to do it, but I wouldn't mind owning a 1970 Chevelle SS or GTO.
Alpha Genesis cartridges were originally developed by Nakatsuka-san, before he founded ZYX.

The current ZYX lineup should provide equivalent or better (mostly better) performance. Same designer. All models still made by hand, either by Nakatsuka-san or one of two planned successors that he hired, trained and still supervises.

Dan my 2000 was also on an Oracle II. The tonearm was an Et 2.5. Still have it but I bought an Oracle 5 upgraded it to a 6. Plan to have the 5 bearing put in two,buy a Grado TOL Mono Cartridge and have a table exclusive for Mono.