Purist Audio power cords and cables

I just saw that the newest top of the line Purist power cord is retailed for $10k one meter length.
Are they so much better than Dominus?
I have this wish to challenge Jim Aud himself to tell the difference between them and Dominus. In a system of his choice with my choice of played material. Anyone compared?
Now, I am a big fan of Purist. Suddenly Swiss watches for $30k or so seem like a big bargain.
inna
I agree with Zd542, why don’t you listen and decide for yourself if an upgrade to an ultimate level cable has merit in your system. While you’re at it, The Cable Company has other brands in every price category.

In short, It does not matter what we think, you’re the one left with the result of your decision after the money is spent.

I will say that cable at the ultimate tier, regardless of brand or design is (in my opinion) best used in a system where speakers, amp and other options are pretty much at maximum.

At that point ultimate cable designs become critically important. Short of that, you’re right, the price for any top brand that represents a disproportional portion of your total investment in the system is probably wrong.
The first thing I would do would be to put Dominus on one monoblock and 25th on another, and the material would be the one not very well recorded, then I would proceed further.I would like to challenge myself with this kind of test too, by the way.
Albert, I suspect you tried every Purist cable ever made. What is the difference between Dominus and the newest one? And another question to you. Is that customized Technics that you have, two actually, the best turntable available? Better than Walker or just different?
I don't borrow equipment if I have no intention of buying it.
Envy your Studer.
Inna

Albert, I suspect you tried every Purist cable ever made. What is the difference between Dominus and the newest one? And another question to you. Is that customized Technics that you have, two actually, the best turntable available? Better than Walker or just different?
I don't borrow equipment if I have no intention of buying it.
Envy your Studer.

Inna,

The Dominus line has been strong for many years and the newest version is better than ever. However, when one moves up to the Limited or 25th Anniversary it brings the filter network into the test.

The filter network cleans up so much grunge it's hard to explain unless you hear the effect. The 25th Anniversary not only has the filter network but uses pure Silver conductors. There is so much difference between the 25th and Dominus you would not believe it.

On the Walker, I had the premium version at the time with Black Diamond tonearm and every update including power supply. It was a wonderful table and very quiet, the linear track arm has advantages as well. The problem is speed stability and dynamics, the direct drive Technics SP10 MK3 excels in that department and comes much closer to the Studer, for which I have some master dubs to compare to LP.
To ME, Purist has a particular sound whereas Wireworld just tells it like it is.
Stringreen
To ME, Purist has a particular sound whereas Wireworld just tells it like it is.

Every connection has a particular sound, I’ve never listened to any interconnect or speaker cable that did not alter sound from what it was being compared to.

Some people like Wireworld, some Cardas, some Purist and some High Fidelity cable. Obviously all these are top quality and end user should use what best suits them and their system.