Otari or Technics Reel-to-Reel ?

Hi.
I am thinking about getting one of those in the future. I am sure I would want Studer but they are too expensive for me. I want the deck to be able to record on 7.5 and 15 and to play on 3.75, 7.5 and 15, both half-track and quater-track tapes.
I would be recording from vinyl making compilations and listening to studio recordings whenever I could get them.
I would be prepared to pay to have it properly cleaned aligned and calibrated.
I actually never delt with RTR, but in my heart I am a tape man not vinyl man.
What would your recommendations and advice be? I would appreciate any input based on knowledge and experience.
inna
Great. But I would record two track only. I took a look - RMGI 10" reel tape is about $70. Recording two track 15ips, this would give me about 45 minutes and 7.5ips - 90 minutes, correct?
Do you know a reputable place where to get Otari aligned and tuned? Someone like Willy Hermann for Nakamichi.
Theoretically, I could get Otari now, but I would have to sell my Nakamichi 682ZX and all the Maxell Vertex tapes I have for that. No, I really like this Nak, I'll wait a little.
10-06-15: Dopogue
Cleeds, the Otari can indeed "do both." There's a switch atop the headstack ... "

Thanks! I stand corrected. What model Otari are you referring to?
My 5050 BII has the switch.

Inna, 15ips gets you 33 1/3 minutes on a reel with 2500 ft. of tape. I always found that interesting given most LPs play at 33 1/3. Where do you live? I know a few Otari folks around the country.
Clio09, thank you very much, appreciate it.
But I am not ready to delve into it right now and wouldn't want to bother your friends.
I'll send you a message when I am.
If your looking to decide between the two and do not intend to use an outboard tape pre with a wired out head.... the Otari will be the superior deck. It is also newer than the venerable Technics 1500. It's stock preamp electronics sound better.