What's with the short speaker stands?

I'm considering standmount speakers but one of the biggest turnoffs in audio is low image height. How is 22 or 24 inch speaker stand going to give you proper height? With most speakers, that would put the tweeter around 30 inches off the floor, and unless you sit on the floor I don't see that as sufficient (my ear level is about 37 and I wouldn't mind tweeter higher than that). I see it at audio shows too, also with floorstanders too, where manufacturers spend years perfecting the design but then when they stand next to it, it looks like a parent proudly taking a first grader to school. At least Evolution Acoustics figured it out...What's your opinion or suggestion?
branislav
Low stands can have benefits.

Locating closer to floor usually helps bass response.

Also, especially in smaller rooms, locating closer to floor with a slight upward tilt can improve sound stage and imaging by delaying and modifying reflections somewhat.

Upward tilt is optional depending. In some cases you want more direct tweeter exposure for best results, in others not. Nothing is set in stone.

The only way I was able to get good sound in my wifes sonically challenged 12X12 cathedral ceiling sunroom was using smaller monitors (triangle Titus) on very short Isoacoustic brand stands. These were the key to getting bass that was articulate as well as strong in that room.

It took me a long time to figure out to try this but glad I did.
I think I'm with you Branislav. Just seems less than ideal when image height is below your ears, like you're above the stage...I'm more inclined to be looking slightly up at the performers, rather than down.

With most floorstanders it may be economics...shorter speakers = less wood = lower cost. Like they think most people will not think that through before they buy or will not care all that much maybe, I dunno.

The ubiquitous short stands also seem to be more in line with that whole 'lifestyle/unobtrusive/WAF-friendly' kind of thing, too. But you can always get higher stands and make the change, with the smallish floorstanders it's harder.
Image height might be different or not. Room acoustics can still result in a large soundstage. At least that is what I have found in the sunroom, which is very lively with windows on three sides, vaulted ceiling and tile flooring over suspended plywood. In the room directly below, same size but more typical, I run other monitors on more typical height stands. No soundstage or imaging qualms with either for me. It all depends. Sometimes it turns out worthwhile to go outside the box, especially in more challenging or atypical rooms accordingly.
Mapman,

"It all depends. Sometimes it turns out worthwhile to go outside the box, especially in more challenging or atypical rooms accordingly".

Agreed, as your own experiences no doubt show and it does indeed depend on an array of factors, but I'm just saying that sometimes that box you find yourself having to go outside of can, on occasion, come to include the one the stand-mount speaker makers can put you in, as I think the OP is suggesting. But, of course, like you might suggest, it may not always be as simple a solution as just raising the stands and further experimenting with things like vertical tilt or toe-in vs speaker height may be needed for a given, unique set of dispersion characteristics in a given, unique room...with your ears always having the final say, naturally.

Cheers!
Branislav,

My advice is that you can buy your favored monitors and experiment for as long as needed after break-in with any makeshift or temporary means of support and placement for the speakers until you arrive at an ideal height vs (whatever) for your room. Then you can look among those stand manufacturers that can custom make to your dimensions.

For that purpose I chose GWiz Products which, despite the impression of the name, delivered to me an excellent quality, solid wood product at a fair price. Their website lets you enter your dimensions and it calculates your cost instantly, very cool in my view. A variety of styles and finishes. There are other such companies you can Google.