Most achingly-beautiful music

Ultimately, we listen to music to be moved, for example, to be elated, exulted, calmed or pained. Which are the 3 most affecting pieces of music do you find the most affecting?
hungryear
It's nice to see a thread that is so informative and free of the bashing that is going on in the equipment threads. This is by far the most useful thread I have found on Audiogon. I was an early poster as well on this thread and will try to keep it going. Any others? Try Lauridsen's "Lux Aeterna" a modern a cappella choral work by USC's choral director. Loved Aphex Twins and Coil. *THANKS* to all.
something i found with the help of npr (all things considered): mia doi todd, la vie en rose, from the cd "the unaccompanied voice" ; secretly canadian (ain't that a great name for an indiana indy label?). this whole disc is worth listening to, tho some of the tracks are a bit over-produced. the track noted brings to mind the song's writer, edith piaf, singing in the shower, alone, trying to stave off a hangover after a night of too much cheap red wine.
The more I think about this, the more I recall of music that has really moved me going all the way back to the late 1950's. Many of Duke Ellington's songs and works define "achingly beautiful" music for me. When I am in a classical music mood and want violin, one of the best LP's of solo violin ever recorded was Kuijken's recordings of Bach's solo violin pieces, released on Harmonia Mundi in the late 1980's. Charles Lloyd also had a beautiful album released in the early 90's after many years away from the recording scene, called "Fish Out of Water". Another album that might fit this discussion is Jan Garbarek's album with the Hilliard Ensemble called "Officium". I used to be big fan of Chet Baker, and at times was deeply moved by his spare, melancholy sound. For more info about Baker and his recordings, check this Web site: http://home.ica.net/~blooms/bakerhome.html Last contribution: Stan Getz's album "People Time", with Kenny Barron. This was the last album that Getz recorded shortly before his death, and you can tell by his playing that he is reflecting on his life. Everything is stripped away, and there are some points where his playing falters slightly, almost as if were choking back tears. This is an album that you hear at night, with the lights out.........
John Cage's In a Landscape (perhaps intellectually beautiful as opposed to achingly so). Also Barber's Adagio for Strings (as many have said) and parts (at least) of the Rutter Requiem. Also that brief passage of music the Grateful Dead played coming out of the first-ever Wharf Rat on 2/18/71, which appears on the So Many Roads boxed set as Beautiful Jam. And Ramblin' Jack Elliott's 912 Greens (the original recording).
"Where is the sixty horses in my herd? where is the "all" of my tribe? Where is the hiching post where I can tie my horse? Where are the seven "kojuun" of my homeland?" From the song "kongerei" sung by Tuvan expatriates who live in outer Mongolia and yearn for their homeland, heard on Kronos Quartet album "Night Prayers".I listened this particular song on NPR. And if you have a chance to heare it, i DARE you to stay indiferent!