Hegel Design Flaw?

I recently had an unfortunate experience with a Hegel H20 power amp. And I know of someone who had a problem with a Hegel integrated a couple of years ago. This leads me to believe there may be a hidden design flaw with some Hegel products. Has anyone else had problems with Hegel?
sabai
P59teitel,

I have just recently sold the H20 back to the dealer -- at a large loss.

Donjr,

Thank you for your sympathetic post. Your observation about the designer may explain a lot regarding how I was treated by two of Hegel's employees.
Hi Sabai,
I am completely puzzled that you have sold back the amp at a huge loss without bringing it back to be hooked up in the dealer's system to show that it was the amp itself and not your system that was at fault. Incredible, man!
J.
So your dealer not only would not help, but only offered you partial money back? Why aren't you outing the dealer's name in addition to Hegel?
I tried to work with Hegel and the dealer for months. They would not budge. Both insisted there must be something wrong with my system. They insisted I eliminate whatever was preventing the H20 from integrating with my system. The only problem is there is nothing wrong with my system. This was a Catch-22 for me. There was really only one possible decision.
Sabai, did you try H20 with another preamp, bypass pre and go direct from DS to the amp or not run your ICs in a series? Probably just an incompatible with your pre ...

I am completely puzzled that you have sold back the amp at a huge loss without bringing it back to be hooked up in the dealer's system to show that it was the amp itself and not your system that was at fault. Incredible, man!
+1. If purchased from a dealer, just return it so puzzled with HUGE LOSS.