Whats the weirdest concert you ever attended?

I have to say this is only bought up by one particular concert I attended in 1970 in Birmingham England.
I went to see a German band called Faust. They had a bit of a reputation for being more weird than most, and that's saying something given other bands around at the time and had an underground following along with Henry Pig and Hatfield and the North.
So.... I was in row two and eagerly waiting for the show to start. The auditorium was completely dark except for the lights on the amps. At each side of the stage there was a big old 36" colour TV set and a pinball machine.

In due course, everyone assumed that the band came on stage as the light on the amps went off in sequence as if someone was walking past them. Then, eventually, odd sounds started emanating from where we assumed the band was. Still no lights. Then the TV's burst into life and were showing a different channel on either side of the stage. Still no sign of the band.
Next a guy walks on stage in just his underpants (1970's Y fronts)and starts playing the pinball machine. Every time he used the flipper the TV channel changed.

This was how the whole one and a half hours were spent until the guy on the pinball either got bored or the band got bored but he just walked off, the music stopped and the lights on the amps flickered again so we assumed that the band had left the stage.

During the course of the "concert", there was all sorts of aromas of illicit substances. To put the icing on the cake, about half way through, a woman in the front row turned round to me and said "would you hold this for me" offering a newly lighted special cigarette. After passing it to me she proceeded to turn back to the front, lean on the stage, have very quick very rough sex doggy fashion with someone I can only assume was her partner and then ask me for her joint back!

My head was really messed up for weeks and I'm still not sure if it was the concert or the side show which was to blame.
rob-in-spain
A few come to mind. Seeing an act booed off the stage is always memorable. Especially when beer bottles have been hurled at the artists. So maybe it wasn't a great idea to have a reggae band (Toots and the Maytals) open for the Who in Detroit back when no one in Detroit had heard much (if any reggae). Mike Quattro opened for ELP in Jersey City and got the same treatment.

I also recall seeing a Traffic concert at which Chris Wood was so drunk/stoned that he lost hold of his sax mid solo and sent it flying across the stage.

At a Shirts show at CBGB some drunk up front got shoved and started a brawl that moved in slo-mo from the stage toward the back, where I was standing. I escaped seconds before some guy got slammed into the rear wall.
Bo Diddley when he couldn't quite remember how to plug into the amp, and lectured us on taking care of our backs. Diddley Downer
Martykl, your drunken Chris Wood tale reminded me off a couple alcohol fueled shows I saw in the early 70's. The Kinks, I believe it was in the Tampa Armory, were really into partying that night. Ray Davies got so drunk he could barely stand up past the half way point of the show. Later, I saw Rod Stewart in Orlando and he was in a very generous mood. At the start of the show, he brought out a couple cases of German wine and started passing bottles of liquid happiness to the audience members up front.
Martykl I remember that Who concert, I got knocked to the ground twice (along with several others) because a giant wave of people pushed into us.

A bit scary...
Photon,

Your Kinks story reminded me that I once saw Ray Davies punch Dave Davies on-stage. It was at the Capitol Theater In Passaic NJ during (I believe) the Schoolboys in Disgrace tour. The Kinks were at a low point and there were a few hundred folks in a room that sat a few thousand (IIRC). The band wasn't happy (I assume) about the sparse crowd and you could hear the brothers woofing at each other between songs. After the first encore, as they were walking off, Dave elbowed Ray in the ribs and Ray clocked him.

They didn't come back out.

Philo,

The crowd was definitely a bit out of control at that one.