Hegel Design Flaw?

I recently had an unfortunate experience with a Hegel H20 power amp. And I know of someone who had a problem with a Hegel integrated a couple of years ago. This leads me to believe there may be a hidden design flaw with some Hegel products. Has anyone else had problems with Hegel?
sabai
08-21-15: Denon1
Couple years ago I bought brand new Hegel amp (HS4A). from the first time I plugged it in, it started to develop smell coming from the unit. In spite of my concerns and complains, Hegel kept saying it is normal and nothing should be done. Eventually (after about 400 hours of use with smell still present) I sold this amp.
If purchased new, why didn't you ask dealer for a refund or exchange for another one?

08-22-15: Sabai
Knghifi,

I did not run the H20 in series.
Just checking ... maybe you should. LOL!

Seriously, if purchased new, I would work with the dealer.

If use, is it possible you purchased a damaged H20 or got damaged in transit? I would contact your local Hegel importer for the nearest authorized Hegel repair facility and have it checked out. It's possible just defective parts and not a design flaw.

IMO, creating a thread "Hegel Design Flaw?" is preponderance before gathering all the facts.

I have a H30 and have exchanged emails with Magnus Holhjem of Hegel in Sweden and he's been very helpful. All my questions were answered in a timely manner.
Onhwy61,

You're very welcome. You make a good point.

Ghosthouse,

No problem. Thank you very much, but I live overseas. I have been up up against the wall for months. With a defective unit and no help from Hegel I had to make a difficult decision. I have sold the H20 back to the dealer -- at a large loss.
Arghh...OK - well I can certainly better appreciate your dissatisfaction now! Could the dealer not help you find a remedy? Sorry you had that experience. Hope whatever you are running now serves you better.
Are you sure it's the Hegel? I had that problem once and it turned out to be an interconnect.
Knghifi and Ghosthouse,

I tried to work with Hegel and the dealer for months. They would not budge. Both insisted there must be something wrong with my system. They insisted I eliminate whatever was preventing the H20 from integrating with my system. The only problem is there is nothing wrong with my system. This was a Catch-22 for me. There was really only one possible decision.