Hegel Design Flaw?

I recently had an unfortunate experience with a Hegel H20 power amp. And I know of someone who had a problem with a Hegel integrated a couple of years ago. This leads me to believe there may be a hidden design flaw with some Hegel products. Has anyone else had problems with Hegel?
sabai
Onhwy61,

With all due respect, I don't feel my question is loaded. It is simply a query.

I have a follow-up question. Has anyone had any experience dealing with Hegel customer service?
I'm with Peter S. I thought this thread had been deleted, and now I see that, unfortunately, it's still "alive." The title of the thread is simply begging the question.

FWIW, a friend of mine has had a number of Hegel integrated amps and has nothing but rave reviews of their products AND customer service.
I have a Hegel H-30 amp, and only have enjoyed and experienced outstanding customer service. I love my amp, and it produces great sound, I feel its a good value..occasionally some components fail on almost all manufacturers gear..I feel my Hegel has been very reliable and well built. Sorry you are having problems, and a different outcome. Has your dealer been helpful? How old is your amp?
Mribob,

Whenever products work as expected then talking about not standing behind the product or not giving good customer service is a moot point. But when things go wrong that's when you may find out things you would rather not have found out.

You stated, "... occasionally some components fail on almost all manufacturers gear." I agree. As I stated earlier, what I am reporting must be a rare failure. But when it does happen -- as your post indicates, these things do happen with all manufacturers -- one would expect at least a modicum of courtesy, sympathy and respect from the manufacturer after paying many thousands of dollars for their product. One would also expect the manufacturer to stand behind their product. Before this case I had never seen any manufacturer who, when things turned bad, refused to take any responsibility and were abusive to the customer. These are the only points I am trying to make here.
Couple years ago I bought brand new Hegel amp (HS4A). from the first time I plugged it in, it started to develop smell coming from the unit. In spite of my concerns and complains, Hegel kept saying it is normal and nothing should be done. Eventually (after about 400 hours of use with smell still present) I sold this amp.