Used MMG's

I'm thinking about buyin a used pair of MMG's. It looks like I could get a good condition pair in the $400-450 range. Since they are so inexpensive from the factory and have the return policy, would I be better off just buying a new pair? Thoughts?
Is there anything I should look out for if I buy used?
Thanks guys.
griffinconst
If they are pre-owned at 400 - 450, they are way over priced, relative to 550.00 brand new from Magepan, in your choice of grill covers. Save up the extra 100 and buy new. I have a pair I bought new and set them up every so often and listen to them. They are worth more to keep them than to sell them used. The pre-owned market price should be in the neighborhood of 275-300.

Just my opinion though...
I paid $200 for a mint used pair, I wouldn't pay more than half of retail unless the seller could confirm that they were only a few weeks or months old.
I agree with the previous posters that used prices for speakers usually run closer to 50% off retail price. However, I have noticed that MMGs seem to command a bit more than that and this fact bodes well for the value offered by the MMG.

Given the high resale price, I think I would buy new, get the color of my choice and have the benefit of the return policy. That is unless the $100-$150 extra is a breaking point for you.

The lack of potential hassle with purchasing new, plus the return policy would clinch the idea of purchasing new MMGs if it were me.

Enjoy,

TIC
I think you can get 100% purchase price credit for 1 year on 'upgrade' if you buy new MMGs.....
Is this true or am I just making this up???

In any event, they are such a good deal new, I'd have to agree with everybody, above.
A fairly unusual case of robust and uniform consensus on the Gon. New it is! ;)

John