Used MMG's

I'm thinking about buyin a used pair of MMG's. It looks like I could get a good condition pair in the $400-450 range. Since they are so inexpensive from the factory and have the return policy, would I be better off just buying a new pair? Thoughts?
Is there anything I should look out for if I buy used?
Thanks guys.
griffinconst
Like many people here, I'm a huge believer in used gear, but given the deal on the MMGs from the factory, I'd definitely do that instead, unless you must have the MMGs, and cannot possibly do it unless you go used.

Even with the best of intentions, there's way more potential for hassles with a private transaction. The return policy if you go new is also huge; Maggies, like any speaker, are not to everyone's taste, and may not work in your room.

Btw, I'd not regard the used price range you mention, at a discount of 25% to 33% off for a readily available item, as reflecting a great value. I don't know about the MMGs in particular, but used speakers are often discounted rather more.

John
Personally, I wouldn't think about buying MMGs used unless I was at +/- 50% off. OTOH, if the savings on this offer is the difference between go/no go on your purchase, I'd think hard about pullling the trigger because these are really fine speakers at their price point.

Just make sure that you're comfortable with the realities of the MMG: limited deep bass, limited max SPL output, significant power requirements, and breathing room to the back wall. If you buy new, you get a test run - but that's not the usual deal on used gear.

Good Luck,
Marty
If they are pre-owned at 400 - 450, they are way over priced, relative to 550.00 brand new from Magepan, in your choice of grill covers. Save up the extra 100 and buy new. I have a pair I bought new and set them up every so often and listen to them. They are worth more to keep them than to sell them used. The pre-owned market price should be in the neighborhood of 275-300.

Just my opinion though...