what percentage of us really knows sound

Hi,been in audio preatty much all my live,play a few instruments myself, and it is chocking to me how many people in this hobbie, because they have a few Hi end gear
think that they can discern sonic diferences,or that their system sounds amazing, when 80% of time when I' listen to those fellows system, the sound is horrible, I'm talking about systems in the upper $50000, and this people come out, talking about soundstage, inner detail, and layers of sound cascading thru a huge soundscape, another thing is that, I'thought all this audiophile people where a group of well to do business people, that had money to speare,
when the truth is that most of audiophile people are broked
and dont' have their priorities toghether, been at many many, audiophile people's house, and it is sad, people with, high end systems, and no furniture,just bought a pair of speakers, $11000 retail and an Aiwa,component has more BASS THAN this speakers, affter spending more than $2500, on cables,think someone is taking advantage of the audiophile community
juancgenao
If most expensive audiophile systems are so bad, why do you continue to go to listen to them? Also, please tell us what your system consists of.
Bizango, I'm a musician, been playing flamenco guitar for many years, my ears, are just fine, Don't believed in people saying, to my ears, it sounds good, good music, good tone, good pace and rhythm should sound good for everybody who likes good music, you have people listening to music in a different language, from different culture and music is enjoyed just as much, when sold my former speakers, to a Chinese guy, came an pick them up, when first listened, the hair in the back of his head stood up, and told me, that after all those years as an audiophile, never heard any thing so realistic sounding as my system, and was very quick in paying me in full, no discount, this guy is a professor at Princeton University, very, very knowledgeable, my point is, most of this so call audiophile, have no clue, of what a great system should sound like, my last purchase, was in NY, drove to The village, to pick up a pair of cardas I/C, wont' disclose the sellers name, this fellow had a Doshi, preamp, with Bryston monoblocks, Esoteric CD player, and B&W 802D speakers, Killer system, played some tunes for me, and couldn't leave the room quick enough,Flat, one dimension sound , no Bass, Horrible, and he was so proud, that it was a shame to me to look him in the eye, and tell him that his system sounded great, the mid range was just slapping me in the face, the sad thing was that he told me that he just purchased a pair of analysis plus Gold I/C used for $3400,felt sorry for the guy, hope he is not in the forum:
So please tell us what this REAL system you own is. The suspense is killing me.
MY system is simple,
Joulet electra150MkIIse.
Quick silver M100.mono blocks
Kora hermes, Dac
sonic frontier FST-I, transport.
Oracle Delphy IV, TT,
KCI, silk worm I/C
Merlin, Vsm, MMe speakers
MIT 750, music Hose, spkr, cables
ELrod PC
Black sandviolet ZII PC
Audience e' PC