Speaker refinish

Hello guys,

Have any of you ever had your speakers refinished in any way due to discoloration/fading in the grill area. Thx
sympaticonorm
If you leave the grills off, they will darken surprisingly fast. I had the same issue with a pair of Spendor 9/1 speakers. They looked even after about 6 weeks of normal light exposure.
Even if Steveaustin's ProAcs weren't an oil or wax finish, an oil would have penetrated through the sides of the cracked veneer. Veneers with tiny little knots (like some Yews) or burls have a distinct tendency to craze & crack over time. Once the surface is broken with a crack, then oils can get in and do their thing. As Lars says, things like Scots do make wood look pretty. But, it's just a surface film that doesn't penetrate most wood finishes. Furniture polish manufacturers tend to suggest their products can accomplish things that are unlikely, such as nourishing wood. Rather like the implied promises of women's cosmetic moisturizing products :-)
I had a pair of Proac Response 1.5s in cherry finish with same problem. I left the grills off the entire time I owned them and never noticed any improvement. When I sold them the difference in the finish was noticeable in the pics.
Proac uses plastic coat. What you have is sun shadow so exposing area under grille to UV will cause finish to match up shouldn't take more than a few months.
I can wait a few months. I may just put them in direct sunlight not too far from the window while I am away on holidays this summer to speed things up.