distance is 9'. Speakers are placed 14" from rear wall and
7' apart. I know that my room is not ideal and that I cannot
use floorstanding speakers. Any suggestions on bookshelf
speakers with the good bass for my room. I forgot to mention,
I really wouldn't like to use subwoofer
I can stretch up to 4K.
Thanks in advance
kiza
Just curious as I always found it odd that when unless your "Bookshelf" speakers are actually on a bookshelf why would a floorstanding speaker not work that takes up the same space as a monitor on a stand 14 inches from the wall. This also removes the sub and with the proper choice in design (and size of the drivers and the tower ie) not rear ported or over pressurizing the room many can be placed closer to the wall than on a stand. You also get the bass thats lacking. Cheers!
I previously owned Dynaudio Special 25's. Their bass belies their size and appearance. However they are rear ported and perform best on stands and away from the wall. I now use Merlin TSM-mme speakers. These also have wonderful bass performance and are a top choice in a compact speaker. I was amazed at how good the bass lines are. I played Gary Karr's Spirituals and his Adagio discs and they sounded superb. Merlin's are worth auditioning and seeing if they will work for you. Merlin's are sealed in a cabinet that is as solid as a brick. They can work well as a bookshelf if needed.
Totem Mani-2 have incredible bass with weight and accuracy that I doubt you can match in another bookshelf speaker.

Ryan
Thanks a LOT to everyone. All day long I was looking for
Dynaudios BM15p but no luck. I have offer on Dynaudio
Audience 82 but they are to big and they should be placed at least 2'-3' from rear wall. Also I have offer on Paradigms
Signature S4 but they go down to 54Hz. Tomorrow I will have
chance to audition Totem Speakers, so will see.
Again, thanks a lot.