New Eggleston Savoys ?

I had a weak monment and bought a pair of Eggleston Savoy speakers for my large room. My room is 28x22x10 on peer and beam wood floors. I hope I made the right decision.
coxhaus
on the one hand they are the epitome of a full range loudspeaker, no question.
on the other... the point man at egglestonworks once told me the ORIGINAL savoys are extremely revealing and are "more like studio monitors".
i would imagine that means that bad recordings might suffer a bit (or perhaps alot). this person told me the andra sounds more musical, especially in the home environment. BUT that comment was made several years ago, so things are always changing for the better. needless to say the ANDRA'S (version one and two) are imho one of the most incredible all-round speakers you can own, with bass that goes down to 18Hz, and one of the best tweeters ever made.
Coxhaus,

Well, I am afraid that French_fries is correct. The Andra II is the speaker you truly need for your room, especially if you want truly musical speakers.

However, with that being said, I am prepared to "make your day"! I have a lovely set of Andra II speakers, that I will trade you for the brand new Savoys. Assuming this is acceptable to you, (and why would it not be?), then merely have the speakers delivered directly to me, and I will ship, (at my expense no less!), my Andra II speakers to you.

(Yes, I know, I am truly a magnanimous guy. What can I say, but "You're Welcome!")

;-)
My Savoys are 11 months old bought off Audiogon. Wow is all I can say about the Savoys. I started playing delta blues Slim Harpo disc 2 “The Excello Collection” and the drive and harmonica from the speakers is the best I have heard. I then played Joe Henderson “Lush Life”. My wife plays saxophone and she could hear all the keys being played on the saxophone incredible. These speakers are revealing but in a very musical way. I moved on the classical Scheherazade. The speakers took on a different personally playing classical. They were very dynamic and detailed with the top piccolos ever so sweet. These speakers are so much more than my B&W 801s. The 801s are like tiny speakers without meat compared to the Savoys. I can’t get enough of my new speakers. One of these days I will have stop music and start looking at equipment again but not now. Ah… it’s good to be retired. I know what I am doing today and tomorrow.
PS.
I don't think I will trade.
lee
This is the first day for me to use the new Savoys. I worried the night before they were installed but I have gotten over it and have moved on. I think I have figured out why the Savoys are extremely revealing and still great speakers. The Savoys present such a large picture of sound that if the details were not there then the picture would be lacking. A lot of speakers present a compressed picture to fit in smaller rooms without overload. The volume from the Savoys speakers is large. You would not own these in a small room. But the plus side is you can hear all nuances and details you crave without being to analytical. I guess if there is a down side to the speakers they do not play at low volumes and create a small picture. I don’t care as I bought large speakers to play large in a big room. The Savoys breathe large pictures of sound so easily compared to the B&W 801s. The 801 will go there but they are straining and not revealing. It is easy to tell.