Wilson Sasha , Avalon Indra or Magico V3?

Wich speaker will be the best for
Spectral DMC 30ss and 360 mono?
Wilson Sasha, Avalon Indra or Magico V3?
Thanks. Sergio
seos
Mordante, very insightful observation yet I do not feel it would apply to my Tidal loudspeakers which use all ceramic based drivers. I find them eminently musical but probably not the last word in macrodyamics like horn based systems.
I used to work at Avalon, so I'm a bit biased...
But some things I do know:
1. The Indra's crossover design is based on everything learned from the Eidolon, to the Isis- and each improvement (in a controlled environment) is audible. Neil Patel of Avalon has a scary understanding of crossover design, not to mention the caps in a Wilson barely make the cut for Avalon's entry level speakers.
2. Any ceramic based driver takes about 500 hours to break in fully. Once they do, the effect on vocals and "in the room" presence is startling.
3. Room placement and room involvement is critical with any speaker, but to an even greater degree with speakers that can focus like the Avalons. They will sound anemic and lacking bass in a poorly set up configuration (like 3 inches too much this way, or toe-in off by a couple of degrees). Set up just right, they sound like they are twice the size and float images like a 20 foot wide pop-up book.
4. I've heard the Indras in a wide variety of setups, and they require more space than most of us have in our living rooms to really breathe.

I've not heard the Magicos. Considering their positive press, I'm sure they are really fine- but remember, hype through journalism is a weird world that the consumer is not able to see the inner workings of, not to mention that audio reviewers are often 50+ years old and have developed preferences for sound that are so utterly subjective that we as consumers should really only look to the in-magazine photographs for any sense of tangible reality.

Wilson sounds the best for blasting Dark Side of the Moon at 103 decibels and evoking a much needed bowel movement. But if evoking the feeling that Darth Vader is singing some Pink Floyd to you is top priority, look no further.

Of course opinions are like (fill in the blank)
It's all just good fun.

-For what it's worth
>>>"I used to work at Avalon, so I'm a bit biased..."<<<

Really? Working with Neil and Lucien can bias a person? :o)

>>>"Wilson sounds the best for blasting Dark Side of the Moon at 103 decibels and evoking a much needed bowel movement."<<<

Ha, well as long as you're being fair, open minded and balanced.... Welcome to a new world where not everyone hears things exactly as you do.

No doubt, the Indras are amazing, as are the bigger Avalon models. When Terry Menacker has the Spectral/Avalon system running at Overture I can say that its as impressive a dealer demo room as I've heard along with the one at Goodwins. That said, I like the current generation of Wilsons quite a bit and think that though they may sound very different from Avalon they have earned their praise and place at top dealers and in electronics Manufacturers show and test rooms for sound reasons--bowels notwithstanding.

There is only one good answer to the OP's original question--and that is to expend the time to hear these three great speakers in familiar confines. Overture has 2 of the three models I think, and Wilson's Sashas will likely be at HiFi House in Delaware, right across the street.

Regards,

Grant
Shunyata Research
I dunno- I'd be suspicious of robots from Utah!

Just having some fun. No doubt all three are great choices if they suit personal taste, and it's all about exploring and seeing what you like.

I really need a good power conditioner. Any recommendations? :)