Good Sounding Speaker that Won't Attract Thieves?

Moving my painting & drawing studio (formerly our living room + den while the wife was at work) to a 14' x 24' metal barn and am basically looking for a pair of speakers with a sonic personality generally similar to a JBL Century 100 that I can pick up cheap at a rummage sale and run with a plain Jane 2 channel receiver. Preferably something that's a sleeper, soundwise, but which which, cosmetically, practically screams to a crack addict, "You probably couldn't even trade me for a six pack of beer." Any suggestions?
lg1
I don't have an answer for your problem... But I love this thread !

Good luck .

Vintage Magneplanars would not only be awkward to steal, but might be mistaken for room dividing screens not suited for most crack house interiors.
Crack addicts are just like you and me. They are not looking for good looking speakers but are more interested in GREAT sound.

Bob
Fasten a string to the back of one of them and attach it to the ceiling with eye hooks. Run that string through several more eye hooks and tie it to the trigger of a 12 gauge shotgun mounted across the room. Preferably all this is built into the ceiling and behind drywall (lets keep in mind gun safety and be responsible here.) You might loose a woofer or damage the cabinet if you don't angle barrel low enough so tweak it and get it right.

Treat yourself to some nice speakers that you can turn quickly if you need money for legal fees.
Depends on the quality of the speakers - I doubt that any self respecting second rate crack head would steal anything sold in a big box store. No, most thieves would likely only steal something after several auditions. So long as the abode is broken into only once - there should be no problem. What you could do is simply hook up cheap cables to the speakers; then, when the psychopath breaks in and turns the system on the sound will be so terrible he won't take anything. Use a stock power cord on the amp - just to make sure.