Anyone own the King Sound "King" speaker that can

give me some feedback. How do you like them? How do they compare to SoundLAB's newest PX series?

Do they have enough body and texture - "meat on the bones".
I am most interested in this speaker and look forward to your comments.

I have 300 watt monoblock amps so power is not an issue. My room is 24 x 18 and they will be 6-7 feet out from the wall behind them.
128x128grannyring
I would like to hear from the manufacturer or importer of this line on these quality issues Kiwi brings up. I know they sound wonderful as I have heard them first hand. What I don't know is this;

-What is this King II - Does it exsist and is it a "fixed" version of the regular King?

- Does the regular King I have quality issues today or not? Kiwi suggests the King is still a work in process and much learning is talking place. He is more or less saying the King I is not a fully completed trouble free product, but rather a means to one - King II.

We need to hear from the company if the King I is ready for discontinuation due to quality issues and latest learnings or if it is a viable purchase today as is.
The King is a mature product; I do not know of any major revisions to it since I first saw it at RMAF 2008.

The King II is an actual speaker, an extension of the King concept, not a slight variation. It has never been presented to me as a fix, but as a further development of the technology. (The King does not have a sound which needs fixing, in my experience it is standard-setting for full range ESLs of that size/price, especially in the bass) It has the similar panel technology to the Prince II, and at the time of the show had an outboard power supply. The goal is that by Fall the power supply will be worked into the base of the speaker like the King. The King II also has an an optional/alternative traditional wooden latticework frame and wooden feet. I do not believe the King II is available yet.

I can see where if the speakers were moved about regularly a few bolts may loosen a bit. If I move the speakers I exert a lot of energy; I grasp them on their side trim and physically manhandle them, lifting them like a fork lift and walk with them erect until I place them down. Imagine holding a 100 pound weight out in front of you nearly at arm's length and walking twenty feet with it! It's tougher, but puts zero stress on the panel. I do not walk the speakers at all to move them. I can see how things might loosen if they were walked to and fro several times as it might place an ever so slight torque on the metal frame. This is just conjecture.

I wonder if the high humidity of Singapore contributed to Kiwi's troubles sonically with the King. My understanding is that ESLs have a tough time in high humidity environments. It is conceivable that the humidity would influence the bass response. If there was a microscopic amount of condensation on the drivers that would be a significant variable, I would think - especially given the ultra-light nature of the driver and it utilizing nanotechnology in their coating. Maybe the speaker was turned into a giant Ionizer? Kiwi, did you notice the air fresher in the room after listening sessions? ;)

It's much to the Kingsound design's credit that even driven to the point of the drivers making contact with the stator that they weren't damaged severely! That would have toasted many other manufacturer's designs!

Upon occasion I see a review which the experience of the writer is nearly an inversion of what I have experienced. There are still some mysteries in the world, not the least of which is, "How can two people hear things so differently?" :)
Thanks for the info Doug. I see they have been making the King I for at least two years then.

Any other owners of this speaker? Love to hear more comments from owners.
Hello All. I have owned the Kingsound Prince ll for about 6 months. I can't tell you how much enjoyment these speakers have added to my listening experience. I listen to many types of music, but mostly choral ensembles and a lot of ECM jazz and their "new music". Besides the gorgeous midrange and high end, I find the bass to be exceptional, especially for an esl. I am running all tube components. Aesthetix Calypso pre, VAC PA 90 amps, and a Consonance Droplet cdp. Sorry to say, no vinyl. It took me quite a while to get the sound just right, Including shifting my room around several times and re-tubing my amps. I have heard from my dealer and others that the new VAC power supplies bring these speakers and the Kings to another level. My dealer has ordered a pair of these and is willing to let me audition them in my system. I can hardly wait. I will be putting my Princes up for sale in the near future to move up to the Kings. I just hope my amps are up to the task of running the less efficient Kings. I'll keep you posted.
I have dectded to go with some Soundlab M3 PX.

They are coming from Soundlab with a complete check up.

Will wait on the King until they have more history in the USA. Just not enough current owners and history for me to dive in.