Jeff Rowland

Is there anyone that is familiar with Jeff Rowland amps that can tell me the difference between the 525 with a Capri 2 preamp compared to the Continuum S2 Integrated amp?
ricred1
Onhwy61,
I have a clearly defined vision. I want better separation between instruments and better front to back placement of instruments.How to get there(what's my weakest link) and how much it's going to cost is the question? It may be time to investigate replacing my Aerial 7Ts!
I didn't mean to suggest that you didn't have a vision, but that simply that you hadn't stated it. How to achieve your goals is a very different question than what you asked. It's not guaranteed, but everything you want may be had by different loudspeaker/listener positioning.
Onhwy61,
I'm looking into speakers now. A few on my list are Joseph Audio Perspectives and Dynaudio C2s.
"I want better separation between instruments and better front to back placement of instruments.How to get there(what's my weakest link) and how much it's going to cost is the question? It may be time to investigate replacing my Aerial 7Ts!"

At this level, its not good enough to just pick components. In order to get what you are looking for in the above quote, you must consider at the whole system. One mismatched piece can ruin the systems ability to image properly.

Just to give a real example of what I mean, my system consists of speakers and electronics that excel at imaging, scale, soundstage, etc.. I have this one Jeff Rowland amp, and it doesn't matter what system I put it in. With the Rowland, the imaging goes from 3d to 2d. Its just a good example of why you can't take anything for granted when putting together a high end system. Most people would assume an expensive amp like that would automatically work with no problems.
Zd542, would you please share with us what model Rowland amp you are referring to? I'm interested since I've heard many of them and your experience runs counter to mine. TIA