Jeff Rowland

Is there anyone that is familiar with Jeff Rowland amps that can tell me the difference between the 525 with a Capri 2 preamp compared to the Continuum S2 Integrated amp?
ricred1
Bill_k,
Thanks for the response. There is no doubt in my mind that the 625 mk2 will be a significant upgrade, but for now it's more than I can spend. I'm currently using a Bricasti M1 direct to the 525. I just added a pair of SVS SB 13 Ultra subs and was wondering if adding a preamp would provide better results...that's why I ask is adding a Capri 2 preamp or getting the Continuum S2 Integrated the best option? I'm biased also and will stay with Jeff Rowland amps. I really love the JR sound.
"I just added a pair of SVS SB 13 Ultra subs and was wondering if adding a preamp would provide better results"

Yes, but you have to get the right preamp.
Zd542 is correct, you need to add a suitable quality preamp to improve the sound of running your M1 DAC direct to your amp. Many preamps will actually degrade the sound, so you would be best off if you could audition the exact preamp you're considering in your system before committing to purchase it. Hopefully that is an option available to you.
Zd542,

Any suggestions on preamps I should listen to? I had a Parasound JC2 BP and to my ears it degraded the sound when compared to the PS Audio DSD I had at the time. The Bricasti M1 sounds much better direct than the DSD.