Magnepan for a small room

I'm interested in putting some Magies in my small office. It's 10x10x9 and I will be driving it with a Peachtree Nova 80w int. amp. Is this a good speaker for such a small room, and will I need a sub for bass extension for 2 channel stereo, mostly Jazz and Acoustic Piano music?
pastor_k
do you think a floorstanding speaker would overpower the room? I don't want to over kill the room but I just want a natural bass sound
I would say that it depends on the speaker, but most full range speakers are going to be very tough to place in a 10x10 room. Besides size you have the shape (square rooms are very tough) thing working against you.

Small monitors or highly efficient speakers designed for SET amps might be your best options.
Well, Magnepans will never put out to much bass in a small room, isnt gonna happen unless you like lean sounding speakers. Also Magnepans sound awesome in nearfield listening. The only issue is possibly taming the tweeter, which is easy to do with room treatments, toe in, tilt, resistors,eq, etc.. I personally think Magnepans are ideal for small rooms, if they fit that is. Even in a small room, you could pull them out 36". It was just be nearfield, which with Magnepans, and Logans is incredible.