shopping and need advice

I moved cross country and left my speakers behind. I am hoping I can get some advice from you audiogeeks...err I mean audiophiles ;) I had Rega Ela and loved the silky mids and trebble, but they just can't move your hips with hip hop or electronic or funk. I had vandersteen 2ci and they could certainly make "your booty go POW", but I really dont have room for those behemoths anymore, they would take over my space + I didn't think they sounded as good in the mid/high as my Rega.

I will be looking used, probably in the 7-1100 range. Can you make any suggestions that might help out? I would like a narrowish tower or perhaps monitor size. also if you know of any good hifi shops in the Albany NY area I would love to know of them.

Nad M4 signiture, NAD CD, analysis plus oval-12 speaker wire, kimber and DimMarzio connects.
klaypigeon
Keep an eye open for the Radio Shack/Lineaum PRO LX-10s,on auctions/E-Bay.They sell for about $150/pr.The two 7" drivers are junk,replace with the Aurum Cantus 7" DVCs.Junk the crossover and replace with a 4.0mfd cap and .11mH inductor.The tweeter should be moved to 1 1/8 inch from front baffle (wood face,not the plastic one).
The great sound of the Lineaum tweeter and mids/bass that keep up.Very appealing for not much dough.
Thanks! I have researched your responses and based on my findings I am going to check out the PSB T65 and T6. I think either of those will deliver the bass punch I am looking for as well as delivering a good stage in general. I have owned Klipsch before and didn't care for them and need a bigger sound than the totem and LX-10s deliver, a buddy has a modded set. Any more ideas? Keep it coming!
I thought the T5s were very good for the price.The T6s should be a step further.